CITY OF BELFAST GOLF CLUB
Child Safeguarding Statement
City of Belfast Golf Club is fully committed to safeguarding the wellbeing of children and young people. Every individual in golf should at all times, show respect and understanding for all member’s rights, safety and welfare and conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principles of City of Belfast Golf Club.
The purpose of this statement is:
- to protect children and young people who receive City of Belfast Golf Club’s services from harm. This includes the children of adults who use our services
- to provide staff and volunteers, as well as children and young people and their families, with the overarching principles that guide our approach to child protection.
- to provide an environment that will allow participants to perform to the best of their ability, free from neglect, emotional, physical and sexual abuse, bullying and intimidation.
This policy applies to anyone working on behalf of City of Belfast Golf Club, including Council members, paid staff and volunteers.
All Council members within City of Belfast Golf Club undergo the necessary Access NI checks and complete the appropriate safeguarding training as required by legislation and best practice.
City of Belfast Golf Club’s written Risk Assessment document indicates the areas of potential risk of harm, the likelihood of the risk occurring and gives the required policy, guidance and procedures required to alleviate these risks.
In addition to our risk assessment document described above, there are further procedures that support our intention to safeguard children whilst they are availing of our activities. City of Belfast Golf Club has the following procedures in place as part of our Safeguarding Policies:
- Procedures for the management of allegations of abuse or misconduct by staff or volunteers against a child or young person availing of our activities
- Procedures for the safe recruitment of staff and volunteers to work with children and young people in our activities
- Procedures for access to child safeguarding training and information, including the identification of the occurrence of harm
- Procedure for reporting of child protection or welfare concerns to Statutory Authorities
For further information in relation to safeguarding of children and young people or if you have a concern please contact our Club Children’s Officer/Designated Liaison Person person(s) below. If you feel that there is an immediate danger contact Gateway NI or the PSNI
Designated Liaison Person
PHONE: 02890832111 EMAIL: email@example.com
Club Children’s Officer
PHONE: 02890804652 EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
This Child Safeguarding Statement will be reviewed by 1st March 2023
Signed: Gary McAllister
Position: Children’s Officer Date: 18th October 2021
(On behalf of : City of Belfast Golf Club , Phone no: (028) 90832111)